We may update this policy from time to time and publish any changes on the website.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal data” is any information that relates to you and that identifies you, either directly from that information, or indirectly in conjunction with other information MYT may hold.
MYT may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Identity and contact information, including your name, address, telephone or mobile number, email address, passport number job title and function, and other data concerning your contact information
- Business information including billing information, bank accounts and other information related to billing and business processing
- Profile, usage and technical data, including passwords, website analytics, IP address, browser type and other technical information provided by your computer
- Business marketing and communications information such as business contact email address and communication preferences
- Sensitive personal data collected in the course of and provision of client services, such as ethnicity, religion, physical or mental health etc. Sensitive personal data will ONLY be processed for the purposes of fulfilling our professional obligations to you and for no other purposes
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information is collected from you when you register with us, use our services, or when you subscribe to our Blog. The information we collect is clearly set out on the web page on which we collect it. Additionally when you apply for a job with us, we will ask for information that is relevant to your application, such as CVs, information for reference and background checks and contact details etc.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
The majority of data we collect about you will be that which you have provided to us yourself. However, in some circumstances we may also receive other personal data from:
- Clients to whom we provide services
- Appropriate regulatory bodies
- Other companies providing services to us
Some of these third-party sources may include publicly available information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
MYT will only use your personal data in fair, lawful and transparent ways. That means where we have reasonable business requirement to do so or you would expect us to, or where we have a lawful reason for the use, and where we have explained to you what that use is.
Please see the table below for all the ways MYT uses your personal data, the legal basis for that use, and where the legal basis is our legitimate business interest, a description of that interest:
What MYT uses your personal data for
Our legal basis for that use
Our legitimate business interest
To manage our business relationship with you or your business
To deliver our services to our clients
To manage the client account
To run our business in a proper and correct manner, complying with the applicable laws and regulations, managing our clients generally, and fulfilling our business strategy
Legal obligation upon us
Recruitment of employees
Legitimate business interest
The successful hiring of staff
Marketing and communication activities
Legitimate business interest
Business to business communications
MYT does not use any system to make automatic decisions which produce legal effects on you.
SHARING AND TRANSFERRING YOU PERSONAL DATA
We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you.
We will never pass your contact details to third parties for the purposes of sending you additional offers and services.
We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas contracted by ourselves to perform services requested by you.
MYT Events is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a “data controller” in accordance with the provisions of the 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation. Further details of the registration are available at http://ico.org.uk/.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us, and MYT uses appropriate technical and organisational means to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and to protect it against any accidental loss, damage or destruction.
These measures include the use of encryption and passwords when transmitting your personal data electronically.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
MYT will not keep your data for longer than is necessary, or where we have a legal obligation to do so. We may keep your personal data for up to 7 years in order to respond to any questions or complaints and to maintain records according to the regulations we must comply with.
YOUR RIGHTS CONCERNING PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights regarding how we use and keep your data. These rights are:
- To be provided with a copy of the data held, along with how that data was collected, the purpose of processing and the categories of recipients of that data (Right of Access)
- To request MYT correct incomplete or inaccurate data held about you or, where this is not possible, allow you to supplement the data (Right of Rectification)